When will the 2023 Austrian Grand Prix occur?
The Red Bull Ring near Spielberg will host the 2023 Austrian Grand Prix on Sunday, July 2, starting at 9.00am ET. The weekend will follow a sprint format, with qualifying happening on Friday after a solitary practice session, while the sprint event occurs on Saturday following a sprint shootout qualifying.
Charles Leclerc, Ferrari
Photo by: Ferrari
What occurred in the previous Austrian Grand Prix?
Charles Leclerc of Ferrari was victorious in the last year’s Austrian Grand Prix, even as his car encountered issues towards the end of the race. Max Verstappen from Red Bull emerged as the sprint race winner after securing the pole position. The Q3 session saw both Mercedes drivers, Lewis Hamilton and George Russell, crash.
What US channels broadcast F1?
ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC are the official broadcasters for all Formula 1 races in the United States this year. Races will be broadcast live and will also be available for live streaming or on-demand viewing on their digital platform.
The schedule for the events will vary across the channels throughout the season. Below is how you can tune in for the Austrian GP weekend.
Austrian GP ESPN TV Schedule
Friday, June 30
- Practice 1: 7:25am ET (ESPN2)
- Qualifying: 10.55am ET (ESPN2)
- Ted’s Qualifying Notebook: 1:00pm ET (ESPN3)
Saturday, July 1
- Sprint Shootout: 5:55am ET (ESPN2)
- Sprint Race: 10:25am ET (ESPN)
- Ted’s Sprint Notebook: 12:00pm ET (ESPN3)
Sunday, July 2
- Grand Prix Sunday: 7:30am ET (ESPN)
- Race: 9.00am ET (ESPN)
- Checkered Flag: 11:00am ET (ESPN3)
- Ted’s Notebook: 12:00pm ET (ESPN3)
- Race Replay: 7:00pm ET (ESPNews)
Can F1 races be streamed live in America?
US viewers can access live F1 races by subscribing to F1 TV (f1tv.formula1.com) or through ESPN’s digital platform (espn.com/watch). All the sessions will also be available on the ESPN app for streaming on-demand.
How to watch the 2023 F1 season on TV?
Here’s a schedule of all the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship races, including their dates, start times, and the US channels they will be broadcasted on.
Race Dates, Timings, and Channels for 2023 F1 Season:
- March 5: Bahrain GP, 10:00am ET (ESPN)
- March 19: Saudi Arabian GP, 1:00pm ET (ESPN)
- April 2: Australian GP, 1:00am ET (ESPN)
- April 30: Azerbaijan GP, 7:00am ET (ESPN)
- May 7: Miami GP, 3:30pm ET (ABC)
- May 21: Emilia Romagna GP, 9:00am ET (ESPN2)
- May 28: Monaco GP, 9:00am ET (ABC)
- June 4: Spanish GP, 9:00am ET (ESPN)
- June 18: Canadian GP, 2:00pm ET (ABC)
- July 2: Austrian GP, 9:00am ET (ESPN)
- July 9: British GP, 10:00am ET (ESPN2)
- July 23: Hungarian GP, 9:00am ET (ESPN)
- July 30: Belgian GP, 9:00am ET (ESPN)
- August 27: Dutch GP, 9:00am ET (ESPN)
- September 3: Italian GP, 9:00am ET (ESPN)
- September 17: Singapore GP, 8:00am ET (ESPN)
- September 24: Japanese GP, 1:00am ET (ESPN2)
- October 8: Qatar GP, 10:00am ET (ESPN2)
- October 22: United States GP, 3:00pm ET (ABC)
- October 29: Mexican GP, 4:00pm ET (ABC)
- November 5: Brazilian GP, 12:00pm ET (ESPN2)
- November 19: Las Vegas GP, 1:00am ET (ESPN)
- November 26: Abu Dhabi GP, 8:00am ET (ESPN)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Watching F1 Austrian GP on ESPN
When is the 2023 Austrian Grand Prix?
The 2023 Austrian Grand Prix is scheduled to take place on Sunday, July 2, at 9.00am ET.
Who won the previous Austrian Grand Prix?
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc was victorious in the previous Austrian Grand Prix, even with his car facing problems towards the race end.
What channel will broadcast the 2023 Austrian Grand Prix in the United States?
The 2023 Austrian Grand Prix will be broadcast live on ESPN in the United States.
Can I stream the 2023 Austrian Grand Prix live?
Yes, live streaming of the 2023 Austrian Grand Prix is available via F1 TV (f1tv.formula1.com) and ESPN’s digital platform (espn.com/watch) with relevant subscriptions.
What is the schedule for the 2023 Austrian Grand Prix on ESPN?
On June 30, Practice 1 starts at 7:25am ET and Qualifying is at 10.55am ET on ESPN2. On July 1, the Sprint Shootout is at 5:55am ET on ESPN2, and the Sprint Race starts at 10:25am ET on ESPN. On July 2, the Race starts at 9.00am ET on ESPN.
When can I watch the entire 2023 F1 season on TV in the US?
The 2023 F1 season races will be broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC, depending on the event. The broadcast times vary from race to race starting from March 5 with the Bahrain GP at 10:00am ET.